ONERA announces a two-day workshop entitled COAT-2019 and launches the associated call for papers.
Title: ``Communications and Observations through Atmospheric Turbulence: characterization and mitigation.”
Dates: Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd, December 2019
Location: Onera, Châtillon (few km south of Paris), France
- Atmospheric turbulence: modeling, characterization & prediction
- Impact of turbulence, and its mitigation, on communications and observations
- Innovative mitigation strategies: adaptive optics, wave-front sensing, control...
- Pre & post-processing: coding, deconvolution, PSF prediction...
In a large variety of fields, the development of ever more demanding optical systems now requires a thorough understanding of the impact of atmospheric turbulence together with the development of dedicated mitigation strategies. Originally driven by astronomy, these issues now concern near ground imaging, satellite observation, ground-space and near ground optical telecommunications and frequency dissemination, laser focusing... The workshop aims at giving an overview of current research activities in this field. It will address turbulence impact and mitigation, especially when facing strong turbulence, strong scintillation, high apparent wind speeds induced by target tracking, anisoplanatism effects due to the field of view or point-ahead angle...
The following topics will, therefore, be addressed during the workshop: knowledge on turbulence conditions (modelling, characterization & prediction of both Cn² and wind profiles); study of system performance with and without mitigation; mitigation strategies based on innovative optical solutions such as single aperture adaptive optics, multi-aperture or aperture diversity solutions, integrated optics architectures, new wave-front sensing approaches, sensorless solutions, laser guide stars, high performance control; lastly, image/signal pre- and post-processing techniques (deconvolution, PSF prediction, digital communications techniques), possibly in a co-design approach.
Framework: COAT 2019 is organized in the context of "Journées Scientifiques Onera (JSO)” with the support of the following Scientific Committee:
- Géraldine Artaud (CNES)
- James Osborn (Durham Univ.)
- Ramon Mata Calvo (DLR)
- Szymon Gładysz (Fraunhofer IOSB)
- Aniceto Belmonte (Technical Univ. of Catalonia)
- Olivier Meyer (DGA)
- Anne Durécu (Onera)
- Jean-Marc Conan (Onera)
- Clélia Robert (Onera)
- Laurent Mugnier (Onera)
Abstract submission procedure:
- Two pages abstract should include: title, authors with affiliation, work description with 1 or 2 illustrations and list of references (no specific template)
- Indicate the Session (1, 2, 3 or 4) that seems relevant to you
- Oral presentations will be encouraged, but you can also indicate if you prefer a poster
- Deadline: September 9th, 2019
- Send abstract in pdf format (file name SESSIONNUMBER-AUTHORNAME-KEYWORD.pdf, < 5 MB) with the subject “Abstract Submission” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information will be progressively given on: https://www.onera.fr/coat2019
- Fees will be smaller than 150€ (budget is still under study)
- On-line proceedings will be available (a DOI will be attributed to each article)
- Max. 8-page conference papers to be submitted by December, 31st 2019
- Word/LaTeX templates will be provided soon
AOIM XIIRegistration website for AOIM XII
AOIM XIIAOIM XII0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
TU Delft Science CentreTU Delft Science CentreMijnbouwstraat 120 2628 RX Delft Netherlands